Monday, June 8, 2015

Messages from God While Feverish



None of these statements are new, and if you don’t take them seriously, they can seem common.  But lying in bed feverish, each of these messages came to me with great profundity.
·      May 15th “Put your trust in God alone.”  He’s worthy of it.
·      May 15th – God sings over me – Ps. 42
·      May 17th “You did not choose me, but I chose you, and appointed you to bear fruit, fruit that will last.”  Jn. 15 If he’s called me, chosen me, then I don’t’ have to worry about trying to force myself to produce fruit.  He is the one who will do it.  I can rest, especially when I’m sick.
·      June 1st “You of little faith, why are you so afraid.” The one who stilled the storm so long ago is still in control and I can trust him.  Easier said than done.
·      June 3rd “The Father himself loves you because you have loved me (Jesus) and believed that he sent me.”  Jn. 16  I love Jesus, and so I believe Jesus is talking to me here.  The Father actually loves me.

I thank God for these intimate times with him and pray that these truths will stick with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Collaboration, vulnerabity and trust

From Tuesday through Thursday, leaders of 24 Bible Translation organizations have gathered to discuss how we can work together more intenti...